Click here for an application!
For more than 25 years, KeystoneCare’s community volunteers have been providing care, comfort, and support to those living with a terminal illness and their families who support them. Whether working directly with patients or aiding in administrative duties, our community volunteers are a vital part of the Keystone organization staff. Volunteers range from students to business professionals, from artists to community groups, and may include health practitioners or retirees. A purposely diverse group, all of our volunteers share one common goal – the desire to enrich the lives of patients and families in need during the end-of-life process.
HOSPICE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
Volunteer opportunities may be available in a patient’s home, at Keystone House, our residential care facility, or in a nursing home or assisted living residence, and may include:
- Listening to the concerns of the patient and family
- Providing companionship to the patient
- Reading to the patient or suggesting other activities
- Giving emotional support and reassurance to the patient, caregivers or family
- Providing pastoral support to the patient
- You or your loved one need never be alone. Vigil Volunteers provide companionship with a quiet presence through the dying process.
- Bereavement support is offered to help survivors cope with their loss and to facilitate the natural grief process.
- Administrative volunteers ensure an office efficiently runs, maintaining records, performing filing and data entry, and handling mailings.
KEYSTONE HOUSE GARDENS
- The butterfly represents the universal Symbol of Life. Flora and fauna, and lovely landscaping are part of The Gardens at Keystone House.
COMMUNITY OUTREACH, SPECIAL EVENTS, AND FUNDRAISING
- Volunteers participate in Health Fairs, and community events, and assist with holiday celebrations and events.
PLEASE JOIN US!
To join the team of KeystoneCare Volunteers, please contact:
Carolyn Kushner – Director of Volunteers
215-836-2440, Ext. 329 / firstname.lastname@example.org